March 12-15, 2018
Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C.
SATELLITE unites aerospace thought leaders, entrepreneurs, executives, engineers, end-users and enthusiasts together in one place for the largest and most important global satellite technology event of the year. For more than 35 years, SATELLITE has played a critical role in determining how satellites will shape the future of our world. The show welcomes a community of aerospace professionals from every market and field of study, hailing from more than 150 nations around the world.
During SATELLITE Week, you’ll discuss major issues such as:
- How space-segment technology evolving at such a rapid pace has forced significant advances in ground-based technology, especially with easy-to-install, multi-band antenna designs
- The realization of the value of comprehensive imagery and remote sensing data by the satellite industry – a resource that is driving a surprisingly vast group of new customers to satellite’s doorstep (retail, agriculture, local governments, insurance companies, etc.)
- The increasing options in launch vehicles are changing the economics of getting into space and doing business there
- The adaption of satellite manufacturing techniques – and spacecraft builders – to new paradigms in time to delivery, volume and complexity of models, continued miniaturization and production processes
- How downward pricing pressures in some world regions, coupled with the aggressive plans of emerging marketplace entrants, are forcing the big players to innovate and think differently about the value equation for communications via satellite
- Financing for the “new space” era means billions of dollars are flowing into the idea pipeline, promising to change the future of space-based services, creating winners and losers over the next few years as companies address new market realities