THE SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL RESEARCH COUNCIL OF TURKEY (TÜBİTAK)
EU Framework Programmes National Coordination Office / AB Çerçeve Programlar Ulusal Koordinasyon Ofisi
TUBITAK is the leading agency for the management, funding and conducting of research in Turkey. It was established in 1963 with a mission to advance science and technology, to conduct research and to support Turkish researchers. TUBITAK;
- funds research projects carried out in universities and other public and private organizations,
- conducts research on strategic areas,
- develops support programs for both the public and private sectors,
- publishes scientific journals, popular science magazines and books,
- organizes science and society activities and,
- supports undergraduate and graduate students through scholarships.
TUBITAK is also the national coordinating body of the EU Framework Programmes (FP). TUBITAK EU Framework Programmes National Coordination Office (TUBITAK NCO) organizes info-days, conferences and brokerage events to raise the awareness about the EU Framework Programmes. TUBITAK is also one of the founders of the Turkish Research and Business Organisations (TuR & Bo)-ppp Office.
TuR & Bo-ppp Office, located in Brussels was set up in March 2004 by TUBITAK, TOBB (The Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey), KOSGEB (Small and Medium Enterprises Development Organisation) and TESK (The Confederation of Tradesmen and Craftsmen of Turkey). The founding philosophy and aims of TuR & Bo are based on the principle of public-private partnership. The TuR & Bo – ppp Ofiice’s main objectives are monitoring of Framework Programmes, cooperation with other research and development liaison offices and providing presence for the researchers from public and private sectors.
TUBİTAK ULAKBIM – YOK Binasi B5 Blok 06539 Bilkent/ANKARA – TURKEY
The National Contact Point for Space in Turkey is Mr. Okan SALDOGAN, Tel: +90 312 298 94 24 (ncpspace(at)tubitak(dot)gov(dot)tr)
Learn more about Turkey’s Space Competencies:
– Country Poster (PDF, 0.8MB)